1. Cut fresh bananas into 2-inch pieces. Place into a locking freezer bag and freeze overnight
2. Before processing, allow bananas to soften for 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
NOTE: Bananas should be beginning to soften on the outside, but still frozen inside.
3. Dissolve cocoa in water. Add frozen bananas, cocoa water and vanilla to the work bowl.
4. Press PUREE and quickly release to pulse until smooth. Stream in almond milk as needed for processing.
5. Remove lid and use a small spatula to stir contents as needed. Stir chocolate chips into finished ice cream.
6. Place ice cream in a lidded freezer container. For a slightly harder serve, freeze for an additional 30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Cup: Add 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter or any nut butter or allergy friendly alternative of your choice. If desired, drizzle softened nut butter over the top.
Orange Chocolate Chip: Replace half the vanilla almond milk with orange juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon orange extract.
Mint Chocolate Chip: Add 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (or more if desired).