1. Preheat oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, rehydrate the cranberries with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
3. Cover a medium bowl with a sieve and sift in flour, baking powder, golden sugar, and salt. Add lemon zest. Whisk together.
4. Add cranberries with lemon juice and mix with a fork or butter knife, preferably metal.
5. Dice frozen butter into ¼ inch cubes and add to the dry ingredients (alternatively: grate frozen butter into the flour).
6. Using the tips of your fingers (avoid the palm of your hand because your body heat will soften the butter), combine the butter and the flour until a crumbly consistency is achieved.
7. Pour in milk slowly and mix with the butter knife until the dough comes together.
8. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 1-inch thickness and cut into 6 equal pieces.
9. Place on the CRUX 9” x 13” Copper Non-Stick Coated Bake Pan, cover with a tea towel, and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from freezer and brush with egg wash (1 egg beat together with 1 teaspoon water) and bake for 14 min.