Kale & Black Bean Dip
Makes 3 cups
- 1-1/2 cups fresh kale, stemmed, cut into 1” ribbons
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (may substitute flat leaf parsley)
- 1/4 red or white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (15.5 oz) can low-sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes, to serve
1. Add the kale and cilantro to the jar first.
2. Press PULSE and release 2 or 3 times until the leaves are chopped into small pieces.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the jar.
4. Place 1/2 can black beans into the jar and reserve the rest in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the jar.
6. Press the ICE CRUSH button to begin processing. When finished, the blender will cease operation.
7. In a medium bowl, use a potato masher to crush the reserved beans. Do not over-mash. The chunkiness of the hand-mashed beans
will thicken and add texture to the rest of the dip. Add the dip from the blender and mix well.
8. Serve topped with fresh chopped tomatoes. Great for serving with nachos.